Introducing start.me: the free startpage for smart people
start.me is a free online tool, that gives you full control over the first page you see, every time you open your browser of choice.
On any device, handheld or desktop, you’ll get access to the same bookmarks, news readers, notes, to-do lists, and much more. You can log in with your Google account, but also with many other log-ins. The internet couldn’t be more accessible.
The company behind start.me launched the app in 2014. It immediately got a lot of media attention, from the New York Times, Computerworld, and Lifehacker, for example. At the moment, the product boasts no less than 2 million users every month. The developers’ team has released many new features since the first launch, updated the design, and sped up the app measurable. The result is a mature, reliable productivity tool for individual users, but also for professional and business teams, to help them to collaborate better.
It’s main features are:
- A fully customizable home page you build or adapt to suit all your navigational needs.
- Easy bookmarking with a browser extension. One-click to save them all.
- Unlimited collections of bookmarks, you can organize in pages or widgets.
- Many more widgets to integrate, like a Google calendar and tasks, Facebook or Twitter feeds, or other information into your site.
- There are several pricing options: Free (forever), PRO, for Teams, and Enterprise.
Users give many reasons why they fall in love with this service. In the reviews in the Chrome Web Store, for example, they mention how easy it is to set up start.me. They also suggest that it’s great to have one place to save all the bookmarks you need. No more syncing between computers or browsers. Also mentioned, are the beautiful background images, the versatility, and even the unique Dark mode you can toggle in the ME-menu. It’s fast, convenient, and mostly free.
If you’re looking for a tool to make your online life more efficient and personal, start.me is worth trying out. Who knows, you might grow to love it too!