Viber-Tennium Young Talent Promotion Project
Rakuten Viber, one of the world’s leaders in free and secure communications applications, is pleased to present its sponsorship with Tennium, a global tennis platform, to support and promote the young international tennis stars of tomorrow.
As part of this agreement, 6 young up and coming talented international tennis players from different geographical regions of the world, will be sharing their experiences with Viber users in a specially dedicated community. The talents are the following :
- Victoria Jimenez Kasintseva (Andorra) ⇒ International Tennis Federation Junior Ranking : 1
- Holger Vitus Nodskov Rune (Denmark) ⇒ ATP Ranking : 124
- Marta Custic (Spain) ⇒ WTA Ranking : 669
- Lennon Jones (Japan) ⇒ International Tennis Federation Junior ATP Ranking : 146
- Luca Nardi (Italy) ⇒ ATP Ranking : 447
- Zane Khan (United States of America) ⇒ ATP Ranking : 408
Enric Molina, Partner and Executive Director at Tennium: “We are very excited about partnering with Rakuten Viber in this new and ambitious project and to support some of the most talented tennis of the next generation of players. We are fully aligned with Rakuten Viber’s values and vision as we look forward to offering a whole new experience to the fans in their interaction with athletes.”
Holger Rune said “Engaging with fans through Viber is super fun and entertaining and something that feels very natural to me”.
Victoria Jimenez Kasintseva also added: “I love the Viber messaging app and all of its features, particularly the stickers that they have created for us!”
It’s part of Viber’s DNA to look for the gamechangers with outstanding future potential, which is why we also support the top tennis talents. Over the years we have shown that we are keen to give life to inspiring and entertaining campaigns in sport and tennis in particular”, said Atanas Raykov – Senior Director – EMENA at Rakuten Viber. “These include our activities with the Global Tennis Community (650K+) and being the main communication channel of the Davis Cup by Rakuten. The unusually high engagement of these projects and other tennis-related news in our local communities, demonstrated clearly the appreciation for this sport among our Viber users. With our partner Tennium and through this Viber Tennis Academy community, we give the amazing possibility to our worldwide user base to digitally follow each step of these 6 young talents in their inspiring path to become tennis professionals”, he added.
The Viber-Tennium’s Project is designed to help the development of promising tennis players in a context where it is becoming increasingly difficult to make a name for oneself. It is constantly evolving and now has more than 280,000 members in its community named Viber Tennis Academy (VTA).
As part of this partnership, Viber Tennis Academy fans around the world will enjoy exclusive content on Viber including:
- An official Viber community, named Viber Tennis Academy publishing daily content about the players’s match preparations, training sessions, updates, polls and much more.
- Custom stickers featuring the 6 player’s unique moves, catch words and expressions (by downloading them, fans automatically join the Viber Tennis Academy community.
- Exclusive merch coming from the 6 young talents can be won exclusively by Viber users such as signed clothes or rackets.
Results so far are impressive:
- The Viber Tennis Academy has built a fanbase of more than 250,000 in less than 4 months (April-July 2021)
- More than 250,000 people downloaded one or more of the 7 sticker packs
- More than 500,000 people sent a message while using one of the 68 stickers